Trust Women Foundation > Clinics > Seattle Clinic > Patient Care Services > Family Planning
Family Planning Services
Trust Women Seattle Clinic proudly provides high-quality reproductive health care at our clinic in Seattle, Washington. From condoms and birth control pills to diaphragms and IUDs, we want to provide you with access to the best family planning option for you.
Important to note:
- Our physicians and clinic staff members are highly trained and experienced and can provide you with knowledgeable information about all of your options.
- We provide a contraception consultation with a doctor for $40 that also includes a prescription for oral contraception (to be filled at any pharmacy at additional cost) if desired. Our physicians can also advise you on choosing the proper contraception for your health, lifestyle and budget.
- Financial assistance is available for those who qualify through special programs. Just ask.
- See below for all of our family planning options available to you.
Special help with long-acting reversible contraception available now
Our Seattle clinic is now offering free or reduced-cost long-acting reversible contraception (LARCs) to individuals who qualify. The program began on April 3, 2017, the fourth anniversary of Trust Women Wichita's clinic opening.
- LARCs, which include IUDs (intrauterine devices), provide effective birth control for up to 10 years.
- Trust Women received an $88,640 grant from an anonymous donor to make LARCs available to patients of its Seattle clinic.
- According to the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, LARCs are the most effective form of birth control. During the first year of typical use, according to the association reports, less than one in 100 women using long-acting reversible contraception will become pregnant.
- Women who are interested in the program may call the Trust Women Seattle at (206) 625-0202 to learn more about the program and to see if they qualify.
“This program will allow us to help women who do not wish to have children at this time but who might not be able to afford long-acting reversible contraception. We are thrilled to begin offering this program on our fourth anniversary. Helping women manage their reproductive health care is a core value at Trust Women.”
Julie A. Burkhart, founder and CEO of Trust Women
Other assistance programs
Trust Women Seattle Clinic also accepts Medicaid and private insurance. In the event that you do not have insurance and would still like to use the Mirena or Skyla IUD, ask about the Arch Foundation Program. (Application available here.)
In addition, there is also a patient assistance program for the Paragard IUD. (Click here for application.) We also offer a cash price for these devices. Insertion is $150. Removal of IUDs is $100. Nexplanon removal is $150.
Long-acting reversible contraception
Long-acting reversible contraception (LARCs) is the number one most effective form of birth control available. We work to make sure that you find the best LARC for you. LARCs can stop pregnancy for up to 10 years depending on which form you choose.According to the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, LARCs are without a doubt the most effective form of birth control available. During the first year of use, the association reports, less than one in 100 women who use long-acting reversible contraception will become pregnant.
Also if you change your mind about wanting to become pregnant, the contraceptive device can be easily removed. Want more information on LARCs? Just click below.
Oral contraception (birth control pills)
We offer a contraception consultation with a trained physician for $40 that also includes a prescription for oral contraception (to be filled at a pharmacy of your choosing at additional cost) if desired. We will make sure you receive the right birth control pill for you.
Emergency contraception (“The Morning-After Pill”) is available without an appointment. The price is $25 for one or $40 for two packages.
Depo-Provera is birth control that is administered every three months through an injection. The cost is $90 for current patients and $120 for new patients.
Consultations with a physician that also include a prescription (to be filled at a pharmacy at additional cost) for a diaphragm are available for $50.
See a doctor and receive a prescription (to be filled at your pharmacy at additional cost) for $40.
Birth control patch
Visit a doctor and get a prescription (to be filled at pharmacy of your choosing at additional cost) for $40.
We supply free condoms. Come on by between the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.