Trust Women Foundation > Clinics > Oklahoma City Clinic > Patient Care Services > Abortion
We know this is a difficult time.
You can trust us.
Medication Abortion (Aborto)
Medication abortion is the ingestion of medications to terminate a pregnancy early in the gestational cycle. Trust Women Oklahoma City Clinic abortion clinic provides medication abortions up to 70 days into pregnancy. The medications are 95 percent effective.
The price of medication abortion care through 70 days is $650.
Medication abortions consist of three steps:
- For medication abortion care, your doctor will give you a pill called Mifeprex at your first appointment. This pill works by blocking progesterone. This causes a break down of the lining of the uterus, and your pregnancy will terminate soon after.
- You also will be given Misoprostol, to take 24 to 36 hours after you’ve ingested the first pill. This medication will cause an emptying of your uterus. You will experience cramps and heavy bleeding, normally lasting a few hours. You may also see large blood clots or tissue. It is not unusual to have some bleeding or spotting for up to four weeks following the procedure.
- Follow up: You must schedule a follow-up appointment for 14 to 21 days after you take the second pill. This is essential to ensure your abortion is complete. In the event that your abortion failed to terminate, you will need to consult with your physician about how to proceed.
Surgical Abortion (Aborto)
Surgical abortion are performed in the clinic. Trust Women abortion clinic in Oklahoma City is the only clinic in the Oklahoma City area to offer surgical abortion. The most normal type of surgical abortion is vacuum aspiration. The normal cost of surgical abortion care through 11.6 weeks is $650. The cost for surgical abortion care through 13.6 weeks is $750. Please contact the clinic for the cost of a surgical abortion after 14 weeks. Typically, abortion procedures up to 18.0 weeks can be completed in a single-day appointment. After 18.0 weeks, a 2-day procedure is required. However, physician discretion may be taken into consideration. Please call our Oklahoma clinic directly for more information on post 18.0 week procedures or with any other questions you may have. We provide abortion care up to the Oklahoma state legal limit of 21.6 weeks gestation.
During an aspiration procedure:
- Your physician will conduct an exam that includes an ultrasound.
- You may be administered medications for pain or for sedation.
- A speculum will be inserted into your vagina.
- Your physician may inject a numbing medication into or near your cervix.
- The opening of your cervix may be stretched with dilators — a series of increasingly thick rods.
- A tube will be inserted through the cervix into the uterus. Either a hand-held suction device or a suction machine will gently empty your uterus.
- Sometimes, an instrument called a curette will be used to remove any remaining tissue that lines the uterus. It also may be used to check that the uterus is empty. When a curette is used, people often call the abortion a D&C — dilation and curettage.
- Please note: aspiration procedure takes about five to 10 minutes. But more time may be needed to prepare your cervix. Time also is needed for talking with your provider about the procedure, a physical exam, reading and signing forms, counseling and a recovery period of about one hour.